How to support a student when home learning
CFGS continues to provide education for students who are self-isolating and cannot be in school but are well enough to work. Students will have lessons set for them by their teachers on Show My Homework or on Microsoft Teams each day.
This guide shares how parents and carers can encourage students in their learning.
Click the button to view the guide
All CFGS students must continue to do the LFD test twice weekly on Weds and Sundays to help us reduce the transmission of Covid, and upload the results.
You must also report positive LFT and PCR results to the school as soon as possible.
Thanks for your support
Tower Hamlets COVID Testing
You may be aware that Tower Hamlets have requested that all residents, students, and those working in
Tower Hamlets are asked to take a PCR test for COVID-19. This is due to the low testing rates in the borough. To that end, the borough have asked all schools to contact parents / carers to ask them to have their children aged 11 and over, and all family members tested.
Testing sites where you can be tested or collect home test kits are listed below. With restrictions being lifted across England from today, it is important that we all support this measure to further protect ourselves and others. Thank you for your continued support with COVID-19 measures.
Covid-19 Surge Testing
You may be aware that Covid-19 surge testing is taking place in identified areas of Tower Hamlets for all people over the age of 11. While CFGS does not fall within the target area, a number of students and some members of staff do.
Please refer this letter. In the event that a PCR results is positive, please ensure self-isolation begins immediately and notify the school as soon as possible.
Thank you for your support with this.
DfE Updated Guidance on Face Masks / Coverings
Please Remember to Continue to Test
All CFGS students must continue to do their Lateral Flow Tests (LFT).
Remember students must self isolate if their test is positive, and you must contact us to notify us of this as soon as possible. Thanks for continuing to support the health and safety of us all.
How to do a Lateral Flow Test (LFT)
Updated Procedures (April 2021)
Every member of the CFGS community has a responsibility to keep themselves and others safe by following Government Guidelines for coronavirus.
Those with symptoms
- Anyone with symptoms (even if they recently had a negative LFD test result), should still self-isolate immediately. Those with symptoms must take a PCR test to check if they have the virus.
- If the result of the PCR test is positive, the school must be informed immediately so that close contacts can be traced. The student, their household and all close contacts must isolate for the required ten days. School work will be provided to be completed at home.
Those who test positive on a Lateral Flow Test
- If a student receives a positive result on a Lateral Flow Test, they should isolate immediately along with their household members and close contacts, in line with NHS Test and Trace guidance. Parents/Carers must inform the school and book the student in for a PCR Test.
- Normal track and tracing is started in school as soon as a LFT positive result is shared and any close contacts will be sent home to self-isolate.
- If the original student’s PCR test comes back as positive, then the student, their household and all close contacts must isolate for the required ten days (even if any subsequent PCR tests come back as negative from close contacts or household members). School work will be provided to be completed at home.
- If the original student’s PCR test comes back as negative, then it overrides the lateral flow test and pupils, students and staff can return to school or college, and close contacts and other household members can stop self-isolating.
If you are in doubt, you can phone your GP or 111 to get professional medical advice.
We recognise that self-isolating is not easy and that it is done to protect others. We thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
Centre Assessed Grades (CAGs)
Important information regarding the processes for CAGs and how these will be quality assured to ensure schools arrive at accurate and fair grades.
Return to school and consent form for COVID-19 testing in secondary schools
On Monday 22nd February 2021, the Government announced that students will be returning to school from Monday 8 th March. To ensure our students return safely, and so that we can keep all staff and students safe and well. We are asking that all students come into school to be tested before they can begin lessons back on the school site.
Central Foundation Girls’ School Remote Education Strategy, January 2021
This information is intended to provide clarity and transparency to pupils and parents or carers about what to expect from remote education if local restrictions require entire cohorts to remain at home.
Letters to parents 2021/2022
- 10 March 2022 | Daily LFT Covid Testing in Year 12
- 2 February 2022 | Daily LFD Covid Testing in Year 8
- 26 November 2021 | Advice to all Families about Covid Transmission
- 11 October 2021 | Vaccinations for children aged 12 to 15 years of age
- 5 October 2021 | Invitation letter for parents of children aged 12 to 15 years of age
- 7 September 2021 | Latest advice on Coronavirus
- 19 March 2021 | To parents regarding lateral flow testing
- 6 January 2021 | To parents of Year 11, Year 12 and Year 13 students regarding BTEC
- 2 January 2021 | To all parents regarding the start of Spring Term
- 18 December 2020 | To parents regarding a REVISED start to Spring Term
- 17 December 2020 | To parents regarding FSM and Contact Tracing over the Christmas Holiday
- 16 December 2020 | To parents regarding the start of Spring Term 2021
- 14 December 2020 | To all Year 7, 8, 9 and 10 parents. Emergency arrangements for this week following a large number of staff absences
- 10 December 2020 | To all Year 11, 12 and 13 parents/carers regarding Exams
- 2 December 2020 | To all Year 9 parents/carers regarding remote learning
- 27 November 2020 | To all Year 7, 8 and 9 parents/carers regarding November arrangements
- 27 November 2020 | To all Year 11, 12 and 13 parents/carers regarding Exams
- 13 November 2020 | To all parents/carers regarding self-isolation
- 11 November 2020 | To all parents/carers of Year 10 students from the Headteacher
- A letter from Public Health England (PHE)
- Coronavirus information
- Coronavirus information in Bengali
- Coronavirus information in Somali
- 10 November 2020 | To all parents/carers from the Headteacher
- 19 October 2020 | To all parents/carers from the Headteacher
- 16 October 2020 | To all parents/carers from the Headteacher
- 9 October 2020 | To all parents/carers from the Headteacher
- 7 October 2020 | To all parents/carers from the Headteacher
- 22 September 2020 | To all parents/carers from the Headteacher
- 14 September 2020 | Regarding advice from Public Health England
A message from the Headteacher | September 2020
There have been a small number of students who have raised some questions about returning to school, and so this presentation will reassure you as well as explain some information that you need to know.