Year 6 students & parents tours of the school
If you would like a safe, private family tour of Central Foundation Girls’ School please call our reception (020 8 981 1131) and they will organise a tour for you at 09:30 or 13:40 so you can see the school in session. If you can’t make these times, we can also do a tour at 15:30 but please be aware that the school will not be in session as students and some staff will have left the premises.
Tours are conducted safely, adhering to COVID safety regulations so please arrive with a mask. In the interests of safety, please limit your family tour to just parents and daughter.
Before your arrival, please watch the video of the Headteacher’s welcoming speech which is very informative. We look forward to welcoming you and your daughter, and showing you around Central Foundation as we are very proud of our school.
At Central Foundation Girls’ School, parental engagement is of utmost importance to students’ attainment and achievements. Our Parent Outreach Worker works closely with parents, carers and the community. We believe that when this partnership is strong, young people achieve greater attainment at school.
The principles underpinning parental engagement at CFGS are as follows:
- Involvement in Learning – Share tools and resources to maximise academic progress and wellbeing
- Parenting – Provide opportunities to share and learn active parenting strategies
- Communicating - Ensure effective communication methods which engage all parents regularly
- Learning beyond the classroom - Provide information to enable all parents to help with homework and offer other activities to encourage wider learning
- Decision-making - Including parents in decision-making
- Collaborating with community - Find and use resources from the wider parent community to enrich school life and create strong partnerships
If you have any comments, suggestions or would like to discuss any parental engagement queries, please contact our Parent Outreach Worker, Aysha Begum on firstname.lastname@example.org