Central’s Open Mornings for Year 6 students & parents to tour our school are from 9.30 -10.30am:
Thursday 24th September
Friday 25th September
Monday 28th September
Wednesday 30th September
Thursday 1st October
We politely ask all visitors to bring along a facemask as the health & safety of all students, parents and staff is of paramount importance. Tours will be conducted in family groups; please limit your family group to parent/s and the Year 6 student to avoid large groups of visitors moving around the school. If you are not feeling well, have a cough or a temperature, please do not attend the Open Mornings, we will happily arrange a tour for you when you are well.
CFGS is holding elections for a Parent Governor. If you are interested in becoming a Parent Governor at the school please click HERE for more information on how to apply.
At Central Foundation Girls’ School, parental engagement is of utmost importance to students’ attainment and achievements. Our Parent Outreach Worker works closely with parents, carers and the community. We believe that when this partnership is strong, young people achieve greater attainment at school.
The principles underpinning parental engagement at CFGS are as follows:
- Involvement in Learning – Share tools and resources to maximise academic progress and wellbeing
- Parenting – Provide opportunities to share and learn active parenting strategies
- Communicating - Ensure effective communication methods which engage all parents regularly
- Learning beyond the classroom - Provide information to enable all parents to help with homework and offer other activities to encourage wider learning
- Decision-making - Including parents in decision-making
- Collaborating with community - Find and use resources from the wider parent community to enrich school life and create strong partnerships
If you have any comments, suggestions or would like to discuss any parental engagement queries, please contact our Parent Outreach Worker, Aysha Begum on firstname.lastname@example.org