How to Credit Us
- ‘Central Foundation Girls’ School’ should be used in any captions and references for our institution
- After the school name has appeared in copy at least once we can also be referred to by the acronym CFGS
- ‘Central Foundation Girls’ School Sixth Form’ should be used in any captions and references for our institution
- After the sixth form name has appeared at least once in the copy, we can also be referred by the acronym CFGS Sixth Form.
Who are we?
- Central Foundation Girls’ School (CFGS) is a voluntary aided 11-18 secondary school with 1500 students on roll serving the mixed community of East London.
- CFGS is one of the oldest schools in London situated and with roots in the City of London.
- CFGS 2019 GCSE results 65% of students achieved 1+ grade 7-9, 30% achieved 5+ grade 7-9
- CFGS is a Top 4% for progress for non-selective secondary school in the country
- CFGS Sixth Form is a Top 10% Sixth Form nationally with 100% Pass Rate at A Level and BTEC
- CFGS students transition into education and employment with a record number of students progressing onto higher education including the prestigious Russell Group universities.
- CFGS is the first ‘Rights Respecting’ secondary school in Tower Hamlets. This means that the values inherent in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) underpin the vision, ethos and policies of this happy, nurturing and caring school.
At Central Foundation Girls’ School we:
- Transform lives through our high expectations and high standards for all
- Challenge and support each other to excel through our passion for learning
- Value all members of our community and celebrate success
- Empower ourselves to be a positive, creative, innovative and inspirational community.
Facts and figures:
- Headteacher, Esther Holland
- 1, 500 pupils
- 324 Sixth form students
- 33% Sixth form students’ gain a place at higher education including Russell Group Universities
- 205 staff
What are we known for?
Central Foundation Girls’ School is a multi-award-winning school. We have achieved recognition for our strong GCSE and A level performance and outstanding work that we do in the status bestowed on us:
- ‘SSAT Educational Outcomes Awards 2019’ putting CFGS in the top 10% of schools nationally for attainment and winner of the following 6 awards for:
- DfE band 1 for student progress,
- achieving high levels of performance
- pupils eligible for the pupil premium at key stage 4
- top 10% nationally for student attainment in applied general subjects,
- achieving significantly higher than national average student progress in applied general subjects at key stage 5 and;
- achieving significantly higher than national average student progress in academic subjects at key stage 5
- Leading Edge recognises CFGS as one of the 300 best schools in the country
- UN Rights Respecting School Award (RRSA) Level 1. This means that the values inherent in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) underpin the vision, ethos and policies of this happy, nurturing and caring school.
- British Council International School Award 2019-2022 for the CFGS collaborative project work with schools in Kenya, Cambodia, Bangladesh, India, Lebanon and France.
- Healthy School Award demonstrates CFGS’s commitment in supporting the health and wellbeing of students.
CFGS in the News: Press Releases
18 May 2020
18 May 2020
17 May 2020
17 May 2020
28 April 2020
24 April 2020
1 April 2020
25 March 2020
7 February 2020
21 November 2019
24 October 2019
1st October 2019
Two other girls’ schools are partners with the Dulwich Estate: The Central Foundation Girls’s School in east London and the St Saviour’s and St Olave’s
4 September 2019
22 August 2019
Contact Central Foundation Girls’ School
For all media and press enquiries please contact us on:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org