Rights Respecting School
CFGS achieved the Rights Respecting School Award (RRSA) Level 1 in June 2014. This means that the values inherent in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) underpin the vision, ethos and policies of the school.
As part of our journey towards the RRSA we have aimed to:
- Teach students about important children’s rights outlined in the UNCRC
- Ensure that every member of the school community models rights and respect in their relationships.
- Provide a safe and stimulating learning environment in which every student values her education and makes the most of every opportunity so that she is able to fulfil her potential.
- Enable every student to be aware of the challenges facing the global community in the 21st century and to make a positive contribution to society through volunteering, fundraising and responding appropriately to environmental issues.
- Transform lives through our high expectations and high standards for all (UNCRC Article 29)
- Challenge and support each other to excel through our passion for learning (UNCRC Article 28)
- Value all members of our community and celebrate success (UNCRC Articles 13 and 14)
- Empower ourselves to be a positive, creative, innovative and inspirational community (UNCRC Articles 13 and 31)
Expectations of all members of the school community are outlined in our School Charter and Break & Lunch Time Charter which explain our rights and responsibilities towards each other in the light of our values and ethos. Please click on links below for further information - CFGS School Charter 240513.docx and Break and Lunchtime School Charter 10062014.pub